STUDENT HOUSING IN BERLIN
Without waiting list!
Find a nice room to stay for a month, two months or a year. Its your choice!
THE EASIEST WAY TO GET A ROOM
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS? DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT US
+31 20 2119 460
- Wheelchair-accessible rooms are available in almost all HOTELS and HOSTELS. Feel free to call us at +312119460 to get more information.
- We offer community kitchens with full kitchen equipment in some cities for city dwellers, for example for solo travellers, for couples, families and friends as well as for smaller groups
Families find a Kids’ Corner in every a&o with toys, a painting board, coloring pencils and children’s books. In some a&o’s, the small children’s playgrounds even have slides or playhouses. Your children can have a good time while you enjoy a cup of coffee in the lobby or in the breakfast room.
- Room Cleaning: we carry out daily room checks which consist of:
i) refilling hygience products and emptying bins
ii) no daily cleaning with chemicals in respect to our natural resources
iii) basic cleaning after check out.
We are always striving to help the environment that’s why we don’t change the towels daily. Please hang them on the towel rail and do not leave them on the floor. Fresh towels can be purchased at the reception for a small fee.
- Smoking : Unless expressed in the property description all our accommodations are smoke-free
- Towels / Bed linen : All single, double and family rooms come with bed linen and towels. Only guests in multi-bed rooms need bed linen and towels, if they didn’t bring their own. You get bed linen for 3.50€ and a towel for 1.50€ either at the reception or as an online feature when booking your stay.
In family rooms (grand)parents sleep a double bed (bed linen included) and their (grand)kids in one or two bunk beds. Families put fresh linen on their children’s bunk beds themselves.
- Women’s room : Of course, we offer dorm rooms just for women. You can simply book them online, we will place you automatically in a women’s only room by default.
- Arrival after 6 pm Guests can arrive at any time without hesitation.
- Bus parking There are bus parking spaces free of charge in close vicinity.
- Car parking is paid some locations has its own parking lot or underground parking. Street-level spaces cost from 5,-€ per day.
- Catering An extensive breakfast buffet awaits you Mon-Fri 7-11 am and Sat/Sun 7-11 am for only 7,90 EUR. Breakfast is free for kids below the age of 6 years (after that it’s only 3.50 EUR). Guests who are 18+ years old pay the full prize of 7,90 EUR per person
- Check-in/ Check-out times
Check-in is possible at any time. Your room is ready for you at 3 pm.
Check-out workdays is until 10am. Weekends and also holidays until 11 am.
- Guests under the age of 18 From the age of 14 you can stay in our a&o’s all by yourself. All you need is a signed declaration of consent from your parents and a copy of the personal identification from the parent who signed the form.
- Getting to our Hotels A precise description of the directions can be found
- Pets Small and medium dogs are allowed for €25 a week in our A&0 pet friendly locations. You can bring a maximum of 2 dogs in your room . We ask you not to bring dogs to the breakfast room. We appreciate your understanding.
In some cities a so-called city tax, tourist tax or ‘culture tax’ (accommodation tax) is charged on visitors.
In Germany, this tax will not be paid if the guest is not staying in the hostel as a tourist. You may complete a form at your arrival declaring that you are not staying as a tourist.
The tax is either based on the net sum paid by each person per night or is simply a sum added to your overnight stay. For your comfort, the tax is never included in your accommodation because it might be possible that you are excluded from it.
The following cities charge a city tax:
Amsterdam, Berlin, Bremen, Cologne, Dortmund, Dresden, Frankfurt, Graz, Hamburg, Prague, Salzburg, Venice, Vienna, Weimar
Attention – special cases:
All guests pay 7% on the net overnight price plus an additional 3EUR per night for persons over 16 years of age. Read more about the “Toeristenbelasting” regulation
All guests older than 18 years pay a tourist tax of € 2,00 per day (including 7% value added tax) to the city of Bremen. Exempted are freelancers and employees who are staying for business purposes. The exemption forms can be found below.
Guests staying longer than 7 nights in a row are also tax-free from the 8th day on.
Overnight guests in Budapest pay a tourism development tax in the amount of 4% at the net overnight price since 2020.
All guests pay 1.50 € local tax per day. Groups of students up to the age of 15 and people staying for more than two weeks due to a business purpose are freed. Please indicate the reason that applies in a respective form.
In Venice tourists pay the “tassa soggiorno”, a residence tax for tourists who stay overnight, depending on the high or low season and the type and location of the accommodation.
a&o Venice Mestre is a “Foresterie per Turisti” accommodation on the mainland. This means, that in the main season (1 February – 31 December) you pay only 1.40 € per person and night (all 16 years and older). In the low season (month of January) it is 1 € per person and night.
Children up to 10 years of age are excluded. For 11 to 15 year olds there is a 50% discount. So, young people pay 0.70 € per person and night (except in January: only 0.50 €). From the 6th night onwards the tax is omitted.
People with disabilities or impairments are tax-free. Important for group travel: Per 25 travellers one bus driver or teacher will not be charged with the tax.
There are some more exceptions that allow you to refuse the tax payment. Please read if one of the following things is applicable and fill out this form, if so.
• Exemptions (without or with proof *)
– inhabitants of the city of Venice (including suburbs like Mestre etc.)
– Children up to 9 years of age
– guests who stay in Venice for rehabilitation *
– Accompanying persons of people who are patient in one of the hospitals of Venice (up to 1 companion per patient) *
– Accompanying parents of hospital patients *
– bus driver and travel guide (from travel agency) from a tour group of at least 25 persons – all bus drivers and 1 travel guide per 25 Pax.
– Volunteers in the social service during events (organized by the city / province) or emergency situation
– Venetian Policemen / firemen or armed forces in service
– People with disabilities “citytax,